Inspiration and Values
WHAT MATTERS NOW—HOW To Win In A World of Relentless Change, Ferocious Competition, and Unstoppable Innovation BY Gary Hamel
“These assumptions, if acted upon, will help nourish the seeds of stewardship in your business life, and, by example, in the lives of others.”
I fully agree with Gary that this is What Matters Now.
- Treat investments as if all of it came from your widowed mother, and it was your responsibility to ensure her secure and happy retirement.
- Treat your boss as your older sibling, with respect and no hesitation to offer frank advice when needed.
- Treat your employees as childhood chums—give the benefit of doubt and smooth their path. Never treat them as human “resources”.
- Treat your primary customers as your children. Please and delight them, don’t deceive or take advantage of them. Never exploit a customer.
- Treat yourself as if you’re independently wealthy. Work because you want to, not because you have to. Never sacrifice your integrity. Quit before you compromise.